Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Are you saved?"

Many times, I have been asked "Are you saved?" To a Catholic, this question does not make much sense. I'm not dead yet, I'm not in heaven yet, how can I be "saved"? The best answer to this is: I have been saved, I am saved, and I will be saved. It's a continual process that is not complete until death. It is not a one time decision to "accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior". Proclaiming these words and making this decision does not miraculously "save" you. It's only the start of the journey. "Accepting Jesus" is a constant decision. It's a decision one makes every day, every moment. We are constantly presented with the choice to love Christ, or to love the world; to accept Him, or to reject Him; to remain in Him, or to depart from Him. At every single decision in our life, we have the opportunity to stay with Christ or to leave Him. And at each of these decisions, I choose to be "saved", or not to be "saved".

0 comments: