Monday, April 25, 2011

Life Update

So, today I decided it was time to "get back on the blogging horse", but couldn't think of anything to write about . . . I guess that's why it's been quite a while since I wrote last. :-P My life has become so busy, but yet so unexciting that it's been hard to find inspiration. I've decided to start by giving an update on my life since our wedding.

We've been married for over 6 months now! It's been great to be married, mostly because we actually see each other on a regular basis now that we're not long-distance anymore (after 6 years, it's a little strange though)! In November, we headed to Italy for our honeymoon! It was an amazing trip, look for my next post with pictures from our trip! Other than that, we've just enjoyed being married and making our house a home.

Shortly after our wedding, I was laid off from my job due to financial difficulty at the parish I was at. It couldn't have been worse timing, as youth ministers generally move around at the end of the school year, much like teachers. So losing my job in October really put me in a funk. After months of searching for jobs in ministry and finding no openings, I finally started looking elsewhere and found a job in February working at Maurices (my favorite clothing store) as an Assistant Manager. I am thankful to have found a job, and in the retail world, this is about the best I could ask for. However it's been really tough to keep my head up. I love ministry and making a difference in teens lives by bringing them closer to Christ, and I miss it terribly. I found so much joy in such a meaningful job and it's been really difficult to keep a positive and optimistic attitude. I left a job that I was passionate about, that I've planned on and dreamed of doing since I was a teen myself, for a job that just "pays the bills". It doesn't help that I miss my California life, job, and friends so much either.

I guess God's just putting me through a darker time. I only pray that I can be strong enough to keep hope in the things to come and trust in His plan. I know he's got it all under control, but I've really been struggling to see the good in my situation and find happiness in the midst of it.

I would appreciate any prayers! For a job to open up that is perfect for me, but also for my endurance during this hard time. Until next time!

0 comments: